Role: Primary Class Teacher
Full time - Permanent
Start date: September 2018
This role is suitable for either an NQT or a more experienced teacher
Are you passionate about teaching? Do you want to teach in a community school that knows each one of its children and their families well and where we can watch children progress from Nursery to sixth form? Do you want to be involved in shaping what such transition looks like? Do you want to get to know each one of the children in your class as an individual, understanding their needs and providing the best environment in which they can thrive?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
“We aim to know every one of our students well, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.”
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013 and we have experienced rapid growth, with currently 277 children in Nursery to Year 5 (our oldest primary children will be in Year 6 next year.) Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment.
We are forward thinking, with the freedom to shape our school curriculum in response to the needs of the local community and businesses and we are delighted that Ofsted judged us to be a Good school in April 2015.
Most important for success in this role is your attitude and approach to teaching and learning. You will be:
- able to engage with and inspire children
- excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
- able to create engaging learning environments
- committed to securing outstanding outcomes for all students in your care
- enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
- keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
- willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
- keen to engage with teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a range of specialisms, across all key stages
You will be asked to deliver excellent outcomes and progress for all children. In return, we can offer an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school, we offer many opportunities for development and further promotion. This post would be suitable for an NQT or for an experienced teacher. Full NQT support is available.
Applications must be made using the Heyford Park Free School Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement and a covering letter, detailing why you are applying for the role and the ways in which it is suited to you.
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
- Closing Date for applications: 9am on Tuesday 27th March 2018
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday 17th April 2018
To discuss this role or to visit the school, please contact Rebecca Hughes, Head of Primary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01869 232203.