Contract: 2 year fixed term
Are you an inspirational teacher looking to join a well-established, family friendly primary school and be part of a successful and highly skilled team? St. Michael’s International School in Japan is looking for an excellent teacher to join the team from August 2018. We welcome applications from enthusiastic and reflective professionals who have a passion for teaching and learning.
We have been a leading and dedicated provider of primary education in Kobe, Japan for more than 70 years. We focus solely on children aged between three and eleven, delivering a British curriculum and maintain strong links to the Anglican church. This unique environment enables us to achieve a family orientated, community primary school in an international setting.
Located in the attractive and international city of Kobe, we are accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Council of International Schools (CIS). We are members of Japan Council of International Schools (JCIS) East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS) and an associate member of Council of British International Schools (COBIS)
Successful candidates will be familiar with the National Curriculum of England and Wales and ideally the International Primary Curriculum. You will be an excellent communicator and strong team player, who gets on well with colleagues, students and parents. Amongst other things, you will be confident in using technology to maximise learning, be well organised, have a good sense of humour and want the children in your care to be the best they can be. You should have at least two years experience in a British or British International School.
At St. Michael’s International School we are a close knit team and proud of our school and community. We have 150 pupils from Nursery up to Year 6, with families representing 24 nationalities. The language of instruction and shared playground language is English. We are the only British curriculum school in the Kansai region. Located in a vibrant and international city, Kobe regularly comes up ‘Number One’ in expatriate rankings of the best place to live in Japan. The excellent reputation of our school is well established both at home and abroad, spanning a period of 70 years. Come and join us!
For further information please go to www.smis.org
How To Apply:
Applications should be made direct to the school electronically using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for teaching positions should hold a UK teaching qualification with Qualified Teacher Status or an international equivalent with at least 2 year's teaching experience in a UK or British International School. Please read the Teacher FAQS on the school website before applying (http://smis.org/index.php/contact/working-at-smis/vacancies)
- An up to date CV.
- Contact details of two professional referees, one of whom should be your current Head of School.
- Letter of application outlining your educational philosophy, teaching strengths, professional goals and why you want to join the team at St. Michael's International School.
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide identity verification, original copies of qualifications and an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and barring Service) check or national equivalent (criminal record check.)
- Each applicant will receive an email response confirming their application.
- Shortlisting will take place by 1st February 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates contacted by email by 10th February 2018.
- Selection activities followed by Skype interviews will take place by 10th February 2018.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th January 2018