Roseacre Primary Academy is looking to appoint a committed, highly skilled class teacher to teach a KS1 or KS2 class on a permanent contract. The post will commence on 1st September 2021. Applications from NQTs, RQTs and experienced teachers are welcome.
Roseacre is a three form entry Primary Academy and Nursery in South Shore, Blackpool. The school became proud members of the Achievement through Collaboration Trust, in December 2018 which has resulted in a significant financial input into resources and has enhanced career pathways.
Being larger than average, the school is organised in three phases. All phases are led by a designated Assistant Headteacher. Rated as ‘good’ at our last Ofsted inspection (April 2018), Governors and staff work together to improve outcomes for Roseacre children and strive for “outstanding”. We enjoy an excellent relationship with our supportive parents and our intake for September 2021 is fully subscribed - 90 children will enter our reception.
Governors and staff are inordinately proud of Roseacre’s reputation, its standing in the community it serves and the children who attend. Roseacre is a special place for colleagues and children to learn.
We are looking to appoint a candidate who advocates that children’s learning is the heartbeat of Roseacre. We are looking for an individual who demonstrates a true desire to work at our school and be part of this exceptional team.
In particular we are looking for someone who:
- Is determined and resilient with high expectations of themselves and others.
- Understands how children learn and develop, and provides exciting, rich opportunities in which they will thrive.
- Will ensure excellence and enjoyment for all our children.
- Is able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Is flexible and has a good sense of humour.
- Wants the best for every child and works tirelessly to achieve this.
In return we can offer:
- Polite, hard-working children who enjoy coming to school.
- A dedicated and extremely supportive team of professionals who strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Increasingly well-resourced facilities.
- High quality CPD including access to leadership training programmes.
- Close working relationships with external partners and collaborative networks.
Roseacre Primary Academy and Nursery has an inclusive approach and, as such, we need someone who is caring, approachable and who can bring out the best in our children, whilst maintaining high expectations. Enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour are a must!
How to apply:
- Read the job description and person specification carefully.
- Complete the application form online.
- Ensure your supporting letter is no longer than 2 pages (font size 12) and should address the person specification. Letters should be addressed to Sean Hickey, Headteacher.
Closing date for applications: 9am Thursday 6th May 2021
Potential candidates are invited to visit Roseacre at 4pm on Thursday 29th April 2021 for a look around. Please phone school on 01253 319000 if you wish to visit.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 7th May. Candidates who have not been contacted by 7th May should assume that they have on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to teach a lesson on either Wednesday 12th or Thursday 13th May. Teachers currently working in local schools will be observed teaching in their own setting.
Following a successful lesson observation, candidates will then be invited to attend an interview on Friday 14th May.
Roseacre Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Welcome to Roseacre Primary Academy and Nursery, your children are our priority
At Roseacre Primary Academy we foster a shared vision of “Excellence for All – Excellence from All”, encouraging every child and adult to give their best and to expe...