We are a young school located in the centre of Yerevan offering international private education for children aged 3 - 17 years old. From age 5, all our students follow the British curriculum developed by Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE, part of the University of Cambridge).
Our fast growing school community has more than 50 educators. We offer a supportive atmosphere for our staff, opportunities for professional growth including Cambridge International's workshops and training, as well as an enriching and rewarding experience.
We are located in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, a thriving, vibrant city which has a population of one million people. For much of the year people enjoy an outdoor café culture with an amazing variety of fine dining and street food available in Yerevan’s multitude of bars, restaurants and cafes. Yerevan’s museums, art galleries and old markets are complimented by modern shopping centers and supermarkets where a full range of European items can be found.
Situated along the route of the Great Silk Road, Armenia is a landlocked country of rugged mountains, great lakes and extinct volcanoes. Armenia has a dry climate and for much of the year, days are clear and sunny. Summers are hot here and the temperature fluctuates between +22C to +36C; winters are cold with average temperatures of -1C to -15C. Culturally, historically and politically Armenia is considered to be a part of Europe but its location in the southern Caucasus, on the conventional boundary between Europe and Asia, means that it spans two continents. Endowed with rich cultural heritage, Armenia was the first country to officially adopt Christianity in the IV century (301 AD) and visitors enjoy its many fascinating monasteries and archaeological sites as well as its beautiful mountainous countryside.
What we offer
- Annual salary starting from $ 28.000 to $ 66.000 gross depending on the role and teaching experience in the school
- Tuition fee remission for all dependent children
- Contract Renewal Bonus
- Travel allowance net $ 450 annually
- Visa costs reimbursed
- Private medical insurance
- Airport-hotel transfer and short-term free hotel stay provided on your first arrival
- Lunches & cafeteria compensated
- Accommodation allowance net $ 5.100 annually
- Teaching degree, QTS, PGCE/PGDE or equivalent recognized for the purposes of teaching in the UK or overseas combined with a minimum of two years’ experience of teaching (exceptional NQTs may be considered)
- Proven experience in teaching the relevant age group
- Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and assist in developing their social, creative and academic skills
- Possession of an up-to-date Police Clearance / DBS certificate from the country of their most recent teaching post
- To be in a good health
Full time and fixed term contract
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will take place online by Skype/Zoom.
Your application should include:
• brief cover letter addressing your experience, skills and the motivation you wish to join CIS Armenia
• one page statement of your educational philosophy
• recent photograph.
To apply for this position please send your CV and supplementary letters to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.cisarmenia.com and social media pages https://www.facebook.com/acisarmenia or https://www.instagram.com/cisarmenia .
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form