JOB TITLE: Primary Computer Teacher
SALARY CODE: Teacher
WORK LOCATION: Sara Village Compound
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CALENDAR DAYS: 191 @ 8 hours a day
SARA VILLAGE SCHOOL IN BRIEF
Sara Village School (SVS) accepts pupils from Reception to Year 6 (4 – 11 years). The school is a member of the International Schools Group of Saudi Arabia, follows the National Curriculum of England.
Sara Village School is committed to the safety and protection of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; all staff will need Police Clearance before taking up post.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The teacher will be responsible for delivering the English National Curriculum for Computing to students aged 4 (Reception Class) to 11 (Year 6) and will work closely with the full-time technichian and all staff to faciliate cross-curricluar ICT. The teacher will also be responsible for planning, purchasing and co-ordinating ICT throughout the school. The position is being advertised as full time, 191 days per work year.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum;
- Demonstrate creativity;
- Deliver an active, hands-on and student-centred programme to promote learning;
- Maintain a safe learning environment for pupils at all times;
- Observe, monitor and record student progress;
- Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class;
- Be fluent in English, oral and written;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Headteacher.
- Bachelor Degree;
- Certification as a teacher;
- Prior experience as an Computer Teacher;
- Experience with MS Office/excel/Google docs;
- An understanding of networks, security and different networked platforms, hardware and digital devices eg: Windows/Apple OS/Raspbian/Linux PCs, laptops, tablets and Chromebooks.
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Experience of creating projects and teaching computing and computational thinking concepts using visual programming (apps, Scratch, Kodu) and some textual coding (usually Python as well as Digital Citizenship and IT).
- Experience of programming primary toys or robots (Spero/Lego/Beebots) and experience of children make usable devices such as the Hummingbird Kit or Micro:bit etc.
ISG provides comprehensive and competitive benefits:
- Tax-free salary/annual salary step increase
- Generous mobilization allowance
- Furnished housing; including utilities
- Transportation to and from work
- Annual airfare and shipping allowance
- Worldwide health insurance coverage
- In-kingdom dependent school tuition (excluding taxes)
- On-site nursery care
- Interest-free car loan
- Generous settling-in allowance upon arrival
- Computer device provided upon arrival
- End-of-service award
- Professional development
- Multi exit/entry visas - easy access to Bahrain
Applications invited from married couples and/or single status teachers. Please submit the following to Ms. Michelle Scott: email@example.com
- Letter of application explaining suitability for consideration;
- CV of relevant qualifications and experience;
- Up to 3 contacts to serve as references, including line manager.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email/telephone to arrange a Skype interview
ISG is a ‘not-for-profit’, professional and ethical organization with a 50-year history of providing quality education in Saudi Arabia: www.isg.edu.sa