King's College Alicante (KCA), one of the most sought after British Schools in Spain, is seeking to appoint a flexible, organised and professional Primary cover teacher. We are a large three form-entry school with children from nursery to Year 13 and a total roll of over 1100 children.
Due to maternity leave, this is a fixed term position for a Primary cover teacher. The successful postholder would need to be a good classroom practitioner and be capable of covering lessons, sometimes at short notice, in Nursery up to Year Six. The role of cover teacher is for short-term lesson cover due to staff training, staff professional development or short-term staff absence. The cover teacher would be provided with lesson plans by the absent teacher and would be expected to mark and give feedback in-line with the school’s policy. The successful candidate would need to have excellent classroom and behaviour management skills.
We value staff well-being and believe we have sensible policies relating to teacher workload, including marking and data collection.
The 4 working days will be the same each week (Thursday will be the regular day off). The working hours are 8:45 - 4.45pm (plus staying after school on Tuesdays for staff meeting until 5:30pm)
Applications welcomed from candidates with experience across the primary age-range. QTS and primary teaching experience across the age range is essential for this role. The position is advertised for a January 2020 start and is a fixed-term contract covering a maternity leave.
The School in Brief:
- KCA: 1100 pupils aged from 3-18
- Modern, purpose-built premises just minutes by car from the centre of Alicante and Elche and only 10 minutes from the airport
- KCA has Excellent (I)GCSE and A-Level results, well above UK national averages and in the top 200 UK schools
- Member of COBIS, ISC and NABSS
- KCA Achieved ́Excellent in Every Category ́ rating from ISI (2015)
- Excellent CPD provision and potential for career development and advancement.
- Part of the King's Group of Schools (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Elche, Frankfurt, Latvia, Panama and the UK)
- be flexible and adaptable and able to cope with regular cover teaching in any of our 24 primary classes from Nursery to Year Six
- have excellent classroom and behaviour management skills
- be organised and have excellent ICT skills, particularly in using Google Drive
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- be passionate and committed to Quality First Teaching and inclusion for all children, including EAL and SEND learners
- be confident at teaching the full British primary curriculum to mixed attainment classes for English (using the Talk for Writing approach) and maths (using the White Rose Maths Hub schemes of work)
- be excited by the prospect of working in partnership with a school judged under the BSO framework to be “excellent in all areas” and explain what they can bring to that environment
- be committed to working collaboratively with all staff to achieve the best outcomes possible for every child, regardless of gender, SEND status, home language, etc.
- be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of pupils whose first language may not be English
- be a dedicated team player, with a “can-do” attitude who contributes positively to the general working environment and have an eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- be a reflective practitioner with a keen interest in their own personal and professional development and an enthusiast for participating in CPD and peer learning opportunities
- be fluent in English and demonstrate highly articulate spoken, written & technical language
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join the teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain, please complete and send the application pack, available to complete online at http://www.kingscollegeschools.org/vacancies/alicante
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd November
The interviews will be held week commencing 2nd December (either by Skype or in person if the candidate is local). A relocation allowance is not offered for this position.
Should an exceptional candidate by identified, we reserve the right to appoint at any stage in the process.
To find out more about King’s Group, please visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake all appropriate checks to ensure the safeguarding of our pupils.
British School of Alicante S.L., with address at Avenida Pio XII, 92 – 28036 (Madrid), is responsible for processing the personal data provided by you and informs you that these data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
The purpose of the processing of the data provided by you (CV, cover letter, etc.) is to participate in selection processes that we carry out at British School of Alicante S.L.,
Once the process is finished, and in case you are not selected, we will keep your file for future selection processes.
You have the right to access, rectify and delete the data, as well as other rights over your data, by writing to email@example.com