Are you a primary teacher who would like to specialise in English?
Do you want to work for a Multi Academy Trust that is driven to invest in you?
If so, find out more about Castle Phoenix Trust, how you can make a real difference to young people and be part of a thriving Multi Academy Trust (MAT). This is an excellent new opportunity and can be ‘shaped’ by the successful candidate. It has been created to support the development of English in years 3-7.
We pride ourselves on being the kind of place people want to work. We invest in ensuring the quality of our relationships, fostering and building strong teams to share good and innovative practice, to promote learners’ achievements and to be the best that we can be.
Castle Phoenix Trust currently comprises three secondary schools and two primary schools. You would spend the equivalent of two days per week at one of our primary schools and two days at Caludon Castle school, with one day developing resources and supporting aspects of English development. You will be a good teacher with experience of teaching upper KS2. There is an expectation that teaching commitment will be flexible but will involve some teaching of Year 5-7 English lessons and support for small intervention groups, and occasional cover teaching. With your specialism you will also support research, staff training and quality assurance activities.
The Trust is a great place to develop as a leader. We will play to your strengths and can offer you:
• The opportunity to flourish alongside supportive and caring staff with a strong team ethos and a passion for learning and teaching
• A comprehensive induction programme (including a personal mentor/coach) for all new staff which continues with access to enriched professional development through a range of internal programmes and through our Teaching School Alliance
• Developmental opportunities for the next step in your career
• Access to expert coaching
• A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your teaching
• Opportunities to teach across key stages
• A range of benefits which includes the provision of an ipad, cycle to work scheme, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool, free parking, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our people strategy and well-being committee.
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity and have energy, resilience and drive, we would love to have you on our team. For further information or to arrange a visit please contact Emma Over, HR Director on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk Application packs are available from Emma Over or visit our website http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ to download further details. Find out more about us on https://youtu.be/9mlmgmD90fw Application forms to be returned to Emma Over on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Closing date: 8.30 am on Monday 25 March 2019
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.