Cambridge College is one of the leading co-educational, bilingual day schools in Peru serving more than 1,000 students from K-2 to Grade 12. Since its founding thirty years ago, the School has been consistently ranked as one of the top schools in Lima; with students graduating with both a Peruvian diploma and relevant Cambridge certifications.
Cambridge College is proud to be a member of Inspired, an international group of over 42 premium schools educating over 31,000 students across five continents. Inspired schools are designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from the ages of 1-18.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative teacher for our Primary English department from March 2019 to help contribute to the development of the Primary English curriculum.
The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience
- Experience of the Primary English National Curriculum
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice, including Assessment for Learning and Accelerated Learning
- Ability to contribute to our extra-curricular activities programme
- The flexibility and to work in groups across curriculum subjects and across key stages
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- A team player who will help develop new initiatives to enhance the English curriculum
The school offers an initial contract for 2 years, an attractive salary, return flights, medical cover, baggage and settling-in allowances.
To apply for this position please submit a full letter of application, curriculum vitae with a minimum of two referees (one of which must be your current Head of School/Principal) and a recent passport photograph directly to Mr Iain McGowan, Headmaster at email@example.com
Letters of application and CVs should be sent by the closing date, Friday 15th February 2019.
Cambridge College and Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Interviews for short listed candidates will take place in Lima and via Skype where applicable