The Lycée Français de Shanghai (LFS) is a private school, managed by the Managing Committee of the Parents’ Association, and appointed by the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE, Agence pour l’Enseignement Français à l’Etranger). The teaching programs follow the French curricula, and the decisions about the guidance of students are valid in all French schools, both abroad and in France.
The LFS has two campuses, one in Qingpu and one in Pudong, and welcomes over 1,500 students, from kindergarten to high school (Terminale).
ROLE AND DUTIES:
We are looking for a Primary School teacher, for 3 to 11 years old students, who can:
- Create a lively, communicative atmosphere in class which is conducive to teaching and learning, which includes the curriculum and lessons design, but also the classroom layout (lesson’s billboards….).
- Encourage diligence, organization, responsibility, self-reliance, co-operation, teamwork, honesty, understanding and tolerance in students.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate lessons, maintaining up-to-date records and forward plans, and delivering the records and plans for review by the Primary Head if requested.
- Can deliver lessons according to the French National Education curriculum, or can adapt to our curriculum in mathematics, sciences, arts and music, civic education, history and geography. Liaise with the French teachers to do so.
- Monitor the attendance of students and ensure that they are doing, to the best of their ability, classwork, homework and coursework, and that it is up-to-date and marked.
- Use new technologies with ease, when it adds value to the teaching (e.g. tablets, online programs, audio and video files…), to better differentiate the teaching and to adapt to non-native English speakers.
- Organize the class to differentiate depending on the difference of English level in the class.
- Review student progress and, where appropriate, seek help for students with perceived special needs.
- Organize resources in advance, issue textbooks and other resources, keeping records and collecting back at the appropriate time. Keep resources up to date, available in the class, in case of sick leave.
- Maintain and improve personal standards of teaching, sharing ideas with other staff, and remain abreast of developments in their own subject and education generally. Liaise with the French and Chinese teachers to deliver a coherent teaching throughout the different streams at the Lycée.
- Liaise and maintain close communication with other members of staff, and streams, and, in conjunction with them, to maintain records of text books and other resources, to assist with setting/streaming as necessary, to review syllabuses and contribute to the design, evaluation and development of departmental and/or Year curriculum, schemes of work and policy.
- Have a duty of confidentiality, avoid doing or saying anything that is detrimental to the reputation of the School or its staff.
CRITERIAS FOR THE POST:
Due to Chinese regulations for wok permits and visas, all the candidates are required to be English level native-speakers.
- A good experience in teaching kindergarten and elementary students
- Experienced or at least motivated to work in a French Educational system.
- A willingness to work with students using English as a Second or a Foreign Language
- Energy and dynamism to fully contribute to the life of a rich multicultural independent non-profit school;
- A willingness to contribute to the large range of activities provided for the students and to support them in their co-curricular pursuits.
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage.