Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Kindergarten).
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Primary German Language Teacher starting 01 August 2018 to plan and deliver the German language curriculum for our Primary grades. A position of responsibility as German Coordinator may be available for a suitably experienced candidate.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Lehramtsbefähigung an Grundschulen (2. Staatsexamen would be an advantage) or comparable education
- Familiarity with the Grundschullehrplan Sachsen is preferred
- High competency in written and spoken English and German
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as the use of IT and new technologies
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Proven ability as an excellent Primary teacher
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs, especially German as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community is preferred
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaboratively plan, adapt, deliver and assess work for your students in parallel with your department partners and relevant grade teachers
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to make outstanding progress and grow in confidence
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their skills, knowledge and understanding plus develop their higher order thinking
- Communicate clearly and regularly with parents to keep them informed about curriculum-related activities and their child’s achievement and progress
- Develop best practice in the Primary School through sharing expertise, experience and resources
- Work as a contributing member of the Primary School to ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place and delivered uniformly
- Work as a contributing member of Leipzig International School to ensure a cohesive approach to learning
You must be:
- Committed to our students and their learning, well-being and safety
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging holistic educational programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Able to differentiate and deliver a quality learning experience to students with a range of abilities
- Able to create and maintain a climate that promotes high standards of achievement
- Focused on student learning, progression and development
- A team player who is flexible, open to change, solution-oriented, all with a good sense of humour
- Organised, ethical and empathetic
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A team who are student and learner centred
- Ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace that continues to develop best teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig; a historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe
Please apply via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents is available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Christiane Heinold +49 341 – 393 77 630
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.