Primary ICT Teacher
£130 - £145 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is holding QTS and an interest/degree in computer science.
Dates – 19th April – end of the academic year
Smart Teachers are looking to recruit an experienced Primary ICT Teacher to join an independent boys and girls school, in Wandsworth. The Primary ICT teacher will be responsible for the planning and delivery of lessons from Reception up until Year 6, 4-5 days per week. The suitable candidate will have experience teaching Primary ICT or at minimum a degree in Computer Science and some experience teaching this. The school will also welcome those who are secondary trained but have an interest in teaching primary students. The role is likely to roll into September 2021, should the candidate be the right fit for the school and visa versa. This is a fantastic opportunity, for a Primary ICT Teacher to join a school associated with an outstanding reputation and who work hard to achieve the optimum for their pupils and staff.
Set in two Victorian town houses that were re developed to accommodate pupils and staff, the school fosters an environment of ambitious pupils, who work hard towards achieving optimum results with the support of their enthusiastic educators. The school take advantages of the endless sports facilities including sports fields, tennis courts and a nearby swimming pool, ensuring that children engage in extra-curricular activities to provide them will a balanced education. The school also has very good transport links, being located within walking distance from the nearest stations.
To be considered for the Primary ICT Teacher position, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have recent or past experience working in Primary
• Computer Science degree ideally
• Passion for teaching ICT to Reception – Year 6
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Primary ICT Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 0207 065 7500 and reference GXSICT18811.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency