The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a Primary Learning Leader to support the engagement, learning progress and achievement of students in our school.
This is a part time fixed term teaching appointment.
The position is released five day fortnight and attracts a four unit PLL allowance.
As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
The applicant should have:
• A strong knowledge and experience in implementing the Australian Curriculum, using pedagogy that has a positive impact on each student’s progress.
• The capacity to lead and manage activities which promote the engagement, learning progress and achievement of students.
• Demonstrated high level capacity to develop interpersonal relationships, establish productive partnerships and work as part of a team to lead change.
• Understanding of the Catholic perspective across the curriculum.
• Success as a classroom teacher and demonstrated commitment to professional development or formal study in teaching and learning.
St Bernard's is Prep to Year 6 in Upper Mount Gravatt, situated next to Clairvaux MacKillop College. We are a co-educational school with approximately 330 students. We offer our families and students a broad education founded on the values of the St Bernard and the Sisters of St Joseph.
Estimated Start Date: January 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Twelve Months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: The position is released 5 day fortnight and attracts a four unit PLL allowance.
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Trish McMahon
Contact Telephone Number: 0738494800
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window