BSM will appoint for August 2020 a Primary Learning Support Coordinator who will lead Learning Support in Primary School. The successful candidate must be collaborative, innovative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning-focused. In addition, the successful candidate will report to the Director of Student Support Services, and will work closely with Primary Leadership Team and Primary teachers.
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Fixed-term
The successful candidate:
- Holds an appropriate degree and teaching qualification and is a fully qualified Learning Support practitioner with the ability to assess for public examination access arrangements.
- Holds relevant experience in leading SEN, especially in Primary years.
- Has relevant experience with up-to-date knowledge of current research in Learning Support and shows a commitment to ongoing PD.
- Has knowledge and experience to carry our diagnostic testing.
- Has a sense of humour.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dedication to a well-being and learning culture through:
- Effectively leading and motivating a diverse team supporting personal and professional growth within a learning community that is committed to continuous improvement.
- Having high expectations for students’ learning and personal development, ensuring they flourish through application and effort.
- Being an outstanding, experienced practitioner who is passionate about learning and can challenge and motivate students, whilst demonstrating a clear understanding of cognitive science.
- Having a commitment to a holistic education that develops skills, concepts and understandings.
- Using high quality assessment practices to provide rich feedback that promotes learning.
- Nurturing positive and supportive relationships with students where they have a strong sense of self-acceptance and belonging, feel comfortable taking risks and are empowered to drive their own learning.
- Valuing and investing in the well-being of all in our community.
- Collaborating with teams across the school where practice is innovative, progressive and grounded in current research.
- Contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme.
- Modelling exemplary relationships within the school and the wider community to impact positively and sustainably on the lives of others.
We can offer:
- Highly motivated, engaged and enthusiastic students.
- A school with a real sense of community.
- A school that is focused on learning.
- An inclusive team of motivated and dedicated teachers and support staff.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- And, it's more fun in the Philippines (https://itsmorefuninthephilippines.co.uk/)
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to:
Please refer to http://www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2020
Interviews will be held during the second half of January 2020.