SAMUEL WARD ACADEMY TRUST
Primary Mathematics Project Lead (2 posts)
£43,454 - £47,967
Required from September 2018.
Are you an outstanding primary Mathematics Teacher looking for an incredible opportunity?
Samuel Ward Academy Trust are offering a unique role within our evidence-based school improvement programme, involving:
- Pupil learning
- Maths Mastery
- Research School
- EEF Guidance Reports (Mathematics, Implementation, Meta-cognition)
- Staff development.
We are looking for two outstanding Primary Mathematics practitioners to play a leadership role in our successful, evidence based, SSIF programme bringing together the resources of NCETM Maths Hubs, Research School and external consultants.
You would lead by example and have the drive and enthusiasm to develop the teaching practice of your colleagues, and improve pupil outcomes over the life of the project and beyond.
The Project Leads (PL) will be part of the Steering Group and be full time within and across the 14 schools of the project, supporting teachers and the work of Maths Mastery Leads.
Nine of the schools are within the Samuel Ward Academy Trust, with 5 others based in Sudbury and Ipswich.
Taking their lead from our Steering Group, the PL will play a crucial part in leading improvements in teaching KS2 mathematics.
This is an exciting development opportunity for successful candidates who will benefit from high-quality training through the life of the project and beyond Maths Mastery Leads from Maths Hubs, Research School Leads, experienced NLE and external consultants.
Within the trust there are 15 primaries, as well as 6 secondary schools and a special school, all linked closely geographically and with common core values and aims.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how our schools work together.
With newly acquired Research School status, the trust is well placed to provide great opportunities for you to develop further as outstanding practitioners.
Visits are highly encouraged.
- be outstanding KS2 practitioners, especially in mathematics teaching
- have led maths in a school setting, demonstrating significant impact on outcomes as a result of your leadership
- have experience of Mathematics Mastery approach in KS2
- have experience of successfully mentoring and coaching other teachers to improve skills and impact
- have successfully led in-school improvement activities
- have commitment to utilising best available evidence to improve pupil learning and outcomes
- have experience and / or ability to facilitate effective training for teachers and TAs
- have proven project leadership skills including organisation, communication, delivery and evaluation
- have a desire to utilise existing or future SLE designation in a collaborative locality based improvement project
- have awareness of NCETM and its resources
- have awareness of EEF Guidance Report 'Improving Mathematics in Key Stages 2 / 3
- have knowledge of EEF Guidance Report 'Putting Evidence to Work - A school's guide to implementation'
- value meta-cognition and self-regulation within pupil learning
We can offer you:
- 14 primary schools keen to develop KS2 Mathematics practice
- a rare opportunity to impact on the mathematics outcomes of over 1,000 children
- outstanding training opportunities with highly regarded facilitators
- a highly competitive salary and networking opportunities within a highly regarded trust.
If you would like to arrange a visit to talk about the role, please contact Darren Woodward, Director of Primary Education, Samuel Ward Academy Trust on: (01440) 333400 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available online and from Lisa Taylor: email@example.com
Completed applications should be returned to Lisa Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: midday, 18 May 2018.
Interviews: 23 May and 25 May 2018.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.