We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who believes in continual improvement to join our dynamic Music department starting Term 2 in January 2020. You should have a minimum of two years teaching experience and be prepared to commit a significant amount of time after school to our comprehensive Musical extra-curricular programme. A primary music specialist is required to teach all ages across the primary school. The post will require deliverance of the curriculum in a creative way to develop a love of music.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- Have experience of enquiry-based learning and/or thematic cross curricular learning
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work in classrooms across Key Stages would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2019. We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date. Interviews will take place via Skype.
Please review the booklet ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2019-20’ found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).