We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who believes in continual improvement to join our dynamic Music department. You should have a minimum of two years teaching experience and be prepared to commit a significant amount of time after school to our comprehensive Musical extra-curricular programme. A primary music specialist is required to teach all ages across the primary school. The post will require deliverance of the curriculum in a creative way to develop a love of music.
Apart from being a capable all-round musician, responsibilities will also include running music clubs, leading Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 singing and choirs, assisting with primary assemblies and co-ordinating primary school productions. Candidates who specialize in leading/conducting orchestras and/or choirs would also be highly desirable. The ability to incorporate ICT into the curriculum is essential.
We are looking for innovative, dynamic teachers with a growth mindset, high expectations and the ability to lead change. GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities and a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed. Therefore, we adhere to our Student Vision of developing adaptable lifelong learners, active citizens, effective contributors, resilient individuals, independent enquirers and creative thinkers.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and A-Levels. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme for Years 3-10 and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- Have experience of enquiry-based learning and/or thematic cross curricular learning
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work in classrooms across Key Stages would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 8th of December 2017.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2018.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2018-19’ booklet prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).