Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to apply for a Music Teacher position at a reputable Primary School in Walthamstow, North East London. The school and its staff are proud of their children’s talents and desire for Music, and are hoping for their next staff member to be as equally driven as they are in maintaining Music as a strength of theirs. The selected Music Teacher will be joining the school from September 2020 on a full time long term contract until the end of the academic year, with the potential for a permanent contract.
About the Role:
- Music Teacher
- To deliver high quality, engaging lessons of Music and singing from Prep / Reception up to Year 6
- To further raise and maintain the profile of Music throughout the school
- Run before and after school clubs, choirs, bands, and arrange informative topical excursions
- Ensure the safe use of instruments and other tools
- Starting September 2020 on a full time long term contract until the end of the academic year
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
About the School:
- An Ofsted graded ‘ Good’ school with ‘Outstanding features’, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Two-form entry primary school with a close knit community feel
- Spacious classrooms and communal areas with some classes being ‘open plan’
- Strong and established leadership team with greet experience of working within the borough
- Access to own Music studio with a wide selection of instruments
- On-site parking provided
- Located in Walthamstow with excellent links in and around London via bus and tube
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Graduate Teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visas or eligible to apply - you can check here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa)
- Recent classroom-based references
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Dedicated Consultant
- Completely free service
- Monthly social events and profession development
- Access to free online PD
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In order to apply for this role please email your CV quoting job reference number DDS027750KYB to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the ‘APPLY’ link below.
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
For any questions call Karla - 07 3112 8566
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.