Primary Physical Education Teacher
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking a Primary PE Teacher to join our outstanding department which is rapidly gaining a reputation for excellence across the UAE.
The department is superbly resourced, with extensive facilities to support a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities. Sport is a major part of students' lives at Kings’ and the successful candidate will be expected to devote time both before and after school, as well as weekends, to running clubs and competitive teams.
As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a highly innovative environment. You will join and be supported by a successful faculty head with exacting standards and expectations of his/her team.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Physical Education, Outdoor Education or Sports Science as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 2 years experience working with primary age groups, though new teachers who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the well being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 4th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years