‘Standing out from the crowd and feeling proud’
X2 - Primary Practitioner
Temporary for 1 year
Exciting opportunities have arisen to join our rapidly improving and growing school. We are looking for two enthusiastic, inspiring and hard-working KS2 teachers to join our talented, supportive and hardworking team.
These posts will be based in upper (Years 5 & 6) and lower (Years 3 & 4) KS2. You will be expected to work closely with others in our KS2 teams.
This post would suit a newly qualified or a more experienced teacher. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual who thrives on exciting, new challenges and has the drive and passion to enhance our teaching team.
Pathways Primary Academy is a 3 form entry Primary School with a diverse pupil population. We are committed to providing the best education for all our pupils, as we believe that every child can, and should excel academically and socially. We value the importance of working with the whole community and parents to ensure that Pathways is a place where children learn independently and successfully.
Do you like a challenge and want to make a difference? Then we want you!
We are looking for a teacher who...
- Is talented and dedicated with recent experience in Key Stage 2.
- Has high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour.
- Possesses boundless energy and enthusiasm.
- Has high expectations and is committed to raising standards.
- Is an enthusiastic and imaginative individual who will create a stimulating and vibrant learning environment.
- Can work within a skills based, creative curriculum.
- Has been judged as a good teacher or student trainee.
- Demonstrates a committed to working as a team with all staff
- Has a good working knowledge of the primary curriculum
- Is committed to CPD for themselves and others.
- Has good Literacy, Numeracy and communication skills
- Has good ICT skills
- Has a sense of humour
In return we can offer:
- The best children in Sheffield
- Opportunities to work alongside very supportive colleagues
- A commitment to your continuous professional development
Experience of working with children with SEN and disabilities is desirable and a commitment to inclusion is essential.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and we will require proof of identity and relevant qualifications prior to the appointment being made on safeguarding children and safer recruitment.
The school is committed to ensuring a vigilant and safe school culture, with all staff and volunteers working within an agreed school code of conduct.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Sheffield.
Closing date: 1.00pm Monday 26th June 2017
Shortlisting: Monday 26th June 2017
Interview date: Monday 3rd July
Pathways E-ACT Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.