Greengates School is a prestigious British International School in the northwest suburbs of Mexico City with approximately 1200 students aged 3 to 18. Our diversity is exemplified by the fifty nationalities represented in the school community. Greengates offers the IPC in the Primary School and University of Cambridge IGCSE followed by the IBDP in the Secondary School.
The school, which provides a caring, nurturing environment where students are encouraged to become independent learners, has developed an excellent reputation both throughout the region and globally over the past 68 years. Greengates’ students consistently achieve outstanding examination results at both IGCSE and IBDP level with many of them going on to attend some of the world’s finest universities.
Primary School Deputy Head Curriculum
We are seeking to appoint a professional, experienced and dynamic individual to the post of Primary School Deputy Head Curriculum with effect from August 2019. Applicants must be qualified teachers, with experience in leadership roles.
· The Primary School Deputy Head Curriculum will work in co-operation with, and under the direction of, the Head of Primary to provide leadership and take responsibility for curriculum matters in the Primary School.
· The Primary School Deputy Head Curriculum is responsible for: overseeing curriculum programmes, IEYC, IPC, English and Abacus, Gradebook, grades, social studies, academic events, trips and residential camps and the academic environment in the Primary School.
· This is a wide-ranging role encompassing all curriculum areas of school life and it is essential that the post holder is a strategic thinker, capable of winning the respect of the pupils, staff and parents.
· The Primary School Deputy Head Curriculum will need to be visible around the school and assist the Primary School Deputy Head Pastoral in reviewing and improving pupil behaviour through maintaining excellent standards, in support of all staff.
· The Primary School Deputy Head Curriculum will be expected to identify, consult on and implement their own initiatives.
· Experience managing the IPC would be an advantage.
· Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils, ensuring compliance with the school’s child protection policy and that any concerns relating to the safety or welfare of children are reported to the Head of Primary and Headmaster.
· Being aware of the pastoral care policies of the school and being sufficiently aware of any personal problems of individual pupils.
· Attending all staff meetings, team coordinators meetings, parent evenings, briefings, assemblies and study days/INSET, as required.
· Carrying out supervisory duties.
· Meeting all deadlines for the efficient running of the school (e.g. reports, planning etc).
· Being an example for teachers to follow in practice, presentation and professionalism.
· Being committed to an inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning.
· Writing and reviewing the Greengates’ Primary School Learning and Teaching Policy, other academic policies, checking documents for errors including proof-reading reports.
· Assuming leadership, team coordination and teaching roles in both Key Stages.
· Deputising for the Head of Primary and Primary Deputy Head Pastoral when necessary.
· Being totally dependable regarding confidentiality.
· Contributing to the planning and delivery of the induction sessions and school inset activities.
· Taking part in reference writing, observations, appraisal and staff induction.
· Contributing to strategic planning activities.
· Promoting the IEYC & IPC within the Greengates community.
· Following all school policies and procedures.
· Taking on any additional leadership and management responsibilities, which might, from time to time, be determined.
Greengates School offers:
● A two-year contract
● Generous local salary
● Sterling displacement allowance
● Major Medical insurance
● Annual airfare
● Rent subsidy
● UK minimum National Insurance contributions
● Holiday bonus
● Profit sharing
Applicants should email Mrs. Liliana Kuroda at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
● Letter of application
● Full CV with photograph
● Three professional referees with email and phone contact information (one of whom must be your current Head of School).