Berlin Metropolitan SchoolBerlin
To support our Primary School team, we are currently looking for an adaptable and inspiring EAL Teacher, motivator and communicator.
THE EXCITING CHALLENGE
- Differentiate EAL lessons in order to accommodate for varying levels of English language capacity and approaches to learning.
- Help select resources and manage them efficiently and ensure classroom are organised, stimulating and attractive.
- Encourage students to continue their learning independently and spark enthusiasm and love for learning by modelling this themselves.
- Provide opportunities for students to discuss personal and social issues e.g. organisation of class meetings / circle time.
- Integrate technology meaningfully into everyday teaching and learning.
- Compile meaningful and effective communications for the class parents that reflect the high quality teaching & learning taking place in the class.
- Maintain cooperative, supportive professional relationships with colleagues and share expertise, strategies to use in the classroom and re- sources to meet specific student needs.
- Complete regular monitoring of the social–emotional needs of each child, recording any significant information and referring this to the Student Support Services Team as required.
- Support and promote the school and the IB mission statements and actively model the attributes of the IB learner profile.
- A committed, experienced and well-qualified Primary EAL teacher, who seeks opportunities to extend expertise and looks for improvement to provide a high-quality teaching standard.
- A Bachelors or Master´s degree in Primary Education with a valid teaching certification.
- At least one year teaching experience, ideally in an IBPYP School and Experience in using technology to enrich student learning.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT BMS
- We offer a modern, inspiring work environment with international employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin.
- The opportunity to grow in an interesting environment and to define with us new quality standards in the field of education.
- Our co-operation and the sense of belonging together are characterized by a special team spirit and a respectful and harmonious interaction.
- Our open-door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counselling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration.
- Continuous personal development through professional development days and individual training.
- We offer best conditions for a modern classroom with a comprehensive range of modern technology and resources.
- Benefits such as relocation package (visa, settling in allowance, housing support etc.), daily free lunch for all staff members and sabbatical opportunities.
Berlin Metropolitan School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Learn moreabout this school
Berlin Metropolitan Schoolhttp://metropolitanschool.com/en/home.html+49 30 8872 7390
Linienstraße 12210115 BerlinGermanyView in Google Maps