We are looking for a full-time Group 5 teacher at our AICS main location, pay scale LA (min. € 2270,- max. € 3739,- full-time per month, before tax).
Starting date: as soon as possible.
About the AICS
The AICS is the first Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam, founded in 2003. AICS is affiliated with the Berlage Lyceum and the Europaschool in Amsterdam, which, together with a number of other schools, form the group of ‘Esprit Scholen Amsterdam’. The school is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables it to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 (IPC International Primary Curriculum) and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19 (IB Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme). The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS now comprises two state of the art buildings with over 1200 students. AICS is about to grow to a population of 1800 students within the next 5 years.
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an excellent teacher;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as a part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn;
- gearing your work towards students, colleagues and parents and/ or guardians with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a (DUO validated) teaching degree for primary school education;
- several years of teaching experience in English;
- a good command of spoken and written English;
- experience of, or an enthusiasm to use international school programmes (e.g. IPC or IB PYP);
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary projects;
- the ability and initiative in helping to create and implement school policy;
- excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team.
Applications must be submitted before the 9th of February 2018.
For more information, please visit our website: www.aics.espritscholen.nl
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.