Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing exciting and holistic education for both Chinese and foreign students. The school currently comprises 10% international and 90% Chinese students, with a projected final capacity of 2,700. At RQSS we share the core values of Sedbergh School, UK, building on their excellent reputation and almost 500 years of history. The school is in a phenomenally busy phase of growth and there are a number of exciting challenges ahead of us. Resilience, positivity and a willingness to get involved are important. As a boarding school, there is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in the School’s pastoral and extracurricular activity programmes.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, reflective, child-centered primary teacher with the ability to work in a team of committed professionals. Experience working with ESL students would be an advantage.
Opportunities to take a residential role as a tutor, house mistress or house master are available with a reduced teaching commitment.
• Take responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
• Work closely with your line manager and other colleagues to design and implement a relevant and challenging curriculum specific to RQSS;
• Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
• Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
• Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances student’s learning;
• Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
• Communicate in an effective manner with students, parents and colleagues at all times;
• Write formal academic reports and provide appropriate pastoral support as and when requested;
• Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as appropriate;
• Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
• Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme and promote the school ethos;
• Supervise evening prep time in the boarding house on a weekly basis;
• Perform additional duties assigned by the Head of Section and Principal.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree;
• A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE);
• Minimum two years teaching experience in primary education;
• Previous experience of teaching ESL students is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior experience will be considered;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work;
• A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the students and school beyond the academic day, including active par¬ticipation in the pastoral and academic co-curricular programmes.
Fuzhou is a beautiful city and the school site is in an exciting area of coastal development just 15 minutes from the Fuzhou Changle International Airport. The benefits package includes a competitive salary, medical cover, flight allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, visa costs and all meals on site.
Please email your CV (listing two references) to email@example.com detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header. Deadline for applications Tuesday 21st January 2020.
Candidates are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Longlisted candidates will be selected on receipt of CVs and contacted for an automated video screening shortlisting interview via Sonru. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live interview either face to face or online.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding and child welfare. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.