Opportunity for Assistant Headship for the right candidate
Mary Hare Primary is recruiting! We are a dynamic and forward-thinking oral school for deaf children looking for a primary teacher to join our school, ideally for a September 2019 start or a January 2020 start for the right candidate.
The successful candidate joining us will be an enthusiastic, a committed and positive primary teacher. We have an environment which is fully inclusive, where every student is truly part of the school. Mary Hare Primary is a fantastic place to work within a beautiful grade II listed building, excellent facilities and hardworking staff that want to do the very best for students in their care.
Our vision at Mary Hare is that all deaf children should receive the education and support which will enable them to achieve their full potential at home, school and in their subsequent careers. We teach within an auditory oral philosophy which means we do not use signing in the classroom. We have a bright future with plans for a brand-new school build and we are continuously evolving our practice to ensure that we are maximising the opportunities to secure the futures of the children we serve.
We are looking for a Teacher who is:
- Passionate and can consistently deliver high-quality teaching and is able to work flexibly across key stage 1 and 2.
- Enthusiastic and committed to ensuring that they deliver the very best for the children within their care and to contributing to the school as a whole.
- Someone who has the ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure.
- Able to think outside the box, respond to needs quickly and be flexible within their approach to ensuring that the holistic needs of our children are met.
- Experienced with a proven track record of excellent teaching, successful work with children with SEND and has the ability to work in a team.
- Willing to train as a teacher of the deaf or is already qualified.
- Knowledgeable in how to prepare students for the next stage of their learning and who has good, consistent experience.
- A person that is driven and has a high work ethic to ensure students get every chance to succeed.
- Someone that is reflective on their own practice and always looking to develop professionally.
This role is for an experienced Teacher and there is scope for the right candidate to form part of the leadership team within the school and the potential to fulfil the one of the Assistant Head Teacher roles.
For more information or to discuss similar vacancies, please contact our Head Teacher, Robert Rattray at Mary Hare Primary School firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25th June 2019
Interviews: 1st and 2nd July 2019
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Check (if applicable) and professional reference checks. You will be expected to be fully committed to the welfare and safeguarding of our children.