Four Primary School Teachers
About the AICS
The AICS is the first Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam. We are affiliated with the Berlage Lyceum and the Europaschool in Amsterdam, which, together with a number of other schools, form the ‘Esprit Scholengroep Amsterdam’. The school is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables us to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS is now in two state of the art buildings with over 1100 students.
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an excellent teacher;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as a part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn;
- gearing your work towards students, colleagues and parents and/ or guardians with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a (DUO validated) teaching degree for primary school education;
- several years of teaching experience in English;
- a good command of spoken written English (and –for one vacancy- Dutch);
- experience of, or an enthusiasm to use international school programmes (e.g. IPC or IB PYP);
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary projects;
- the ability and initiative in helping to create and implement school policy;
- excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team.
All applications must be submitted by email. Please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with possible references, stating vacancy number VCT-TJ-1249 in the title of your e-mail, to: email@example.com
Applications that reach us in a different manner will not be processed.
Applications must be submitted before the 3th of February 2017.
For more information, please visit our website:
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.