The Bramble Academy is one of 3 schools around Mansfield within the Evolve Trust. The Trust is passionate about quality education; all of our schools have one simple mission – to give our children the very best education possible and the very best start in life. We place our pupils and students at the heart of everything we do. Our Trust is unique with the combination of mainstream and special schools, enabling staff to beneﬁt greatly from collaborative learning as well as the latest pedagogical research ensuring that the children and students in our care receive a first class education.
We are committed to providing exceptional learning opportunities for all our staff. A truly unique place to enhance your professional learning and development. We offer highly individualised and award winning professional development which is available to all staff and include bespoke, accredited training, personal coaching, mentoring as well as exceptional shadowing and deployment opportunities across the trust.
The Evolve Trust is innovative and is at the forefront of educational thinking within a vibrant and inclusive family of academies. We are passionate about improving children’s life chances and this is reflected in our core values of Ambition, Integrity, Inclusivity, Resilience and Endeavour.
The Trust are committed to the personal and professional wellbeing of all our staff and as such are a working partner of Schools Advisory Service which provides staff with fantastic wellbeing and health related benefits.
The Bramble Academy is a community primary school with the capacity to have up to 230 children, including our nursery, on roll. From gardeners to writers, explorers to sports people (sometimes all in the same day!) our children make this school a happy place to be. We believe in opening minds, creating opportunities for all to believe in themselves, achieve their potential and develop the skills needed to succeed and enjoy life.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team seeking to improve the outcomes and lives of all children in the community we serve.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has skills and experience to secure rapid improvement in children’s learning and progress.
• Shares the drive and determination to make a real difference in the life chances of all our children.
• Has the patience and empathy for children who may sometimes struggle with their learning along with the high expectations to ensure they succeed.
• To work in accordance with the school’s statement of aims and values and implement strategies within policies adopted by governing body.
• To help to raise achievement and aspirations of the pupils by providing challenge, opportunity and recognising and celebrating successes.
• To liaise effectively with parents, external agencies and Trustees/Scrutiny Board Members.
• To carry out the general and specific professional duties as set out in the current ‘school teachers’ pay and conditions document’ and teachers standards.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage and ensure staff and students to follow this example.
• To undertake supervision duties.
We can offer you:
• Wonderful children!
• A leadership team who are committed to excellence and innovation.
• Friendly and welcoming staff.
• The right resources and support to develop our children.
You will be able to:
• Carry out planning, teaching and class management.
• Teach allocated pupils through appropriate planning to achieve progression of learning by:
o identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
o setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest
o setting appropriate and demanding expectations
o setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
o identifying SEN or very able pupils.
• Provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
• Make effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study.
• Ensure effective teaching and best use of available time.
• Monitor and intervene to ensure sound learning and discipline.
• Use a variety of teaching methods to:
o Match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
o Use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions
• Ensure pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
• Evaluate their own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
Should you wish to apply for the post, please complete and return an application form along with a covering letter, which clearly demonstrates your suitability for this role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be submitted by post, for the attention of the HR Department, to the following address:
The Bramble Academy
These can be downloaded from the Trust website www.evolvetrust.org. Wherever possible, please provide email addresses for your referees.
Please ensure your application arrives by 9.00am on 13th December 2019.
Interviews will be held w/c 16th December 2020.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.