We are looking for an outstanding and experienced primary school teacher to join a pioneering Junior School at Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The candidate should be a motivational, warm and engaging teacher and an expert in teaching students from Kindergarten through Grade 5.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
- are experts in numeracy and literacy as well as running class projects.
- have experience in working with bilingual and multilingual students.
- are interested in pioneering new ways to teach high-level students.
- employ modern teaching techniques, classroom management and in-class differentiation.
- are willing to develop and implement the school curriculum.
- are interested to take an active part in the Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive Talent & Enrichment programme.
Requirements - ideal candidates will have:
- an appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification.
- a minimum of 5 years' teaching experience.
- dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school's values and ethos.
- experience of teaching at an international school.
- are able to teach complex concepts in a playful and varied way.
- foreign language speakers are encouraged to apply.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to pupils from all over the world. We have pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the past 130 years.
Our value-based philosophy is to educate students in preparation for the challenges of the 21st Century. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations as well as the IB Diploma.
The school also operates a one-of-a-kind Talent & Enrichment programme offering an abundance of co-curricular and sports programmes as well as the world’s first school-owned Creative Lab, a learning and experimentation environment.
- A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful, entrepreneurial and internationally renowned school.
- A truly international environment with outstanding facilities.
- Colleagues committed to excellence.
- An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan, IDP®, to maximise their potential.
- Attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation for those relocating to Switzerland.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating “Primary School Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2020. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype. Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.