Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Primary SEN Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ independent special needs school in the Merton area of South West London. This full time Primary SEN Teacher role is for a September 2019 start and will be on a permanent contract. This school specialises in Speech, Language and Communication impairment. The Primary SEN Teacher will have a class of 3 to 8 year old children, who are mostly non-verbal. The maximum class size will be 8 pupils. The school supports students through a language based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.
About the Role
• Primary SEN Teacher
• Children are aged between 3 and 8 years old, and are mostly non-verbal
• Some will have behavioural and emotional difficulties
• Maximum class size of 8
• Lots of support within the classroom, including a TA, therapist plus one other adult
• Whilst the teacher will be delivering the curriculum, the children within this class will largely need help getting ready to learn
• The children have attachment issues, and will need help in learning to bond
• Toileting will also be required for this class
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties (SPLD)
• Full time permanent position
• The hours for this role are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday and term time only
• Salary from £26000
About the School
• Caters to students with a speech, language and communication impairment
• Children here are aged between 3 and 19
• ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
• Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
• Excellent leadership team
• Supportive team environment amongst teaching and support staff and therapists
• Located next to a mainline station and parking is also available on-site
In order to be considered for this role, the Primary SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS (unqualified teachers with SEN experience will be considered for this role)
• Proven experience working with students with similar special needs (ideal)
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD1263.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.