An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an outstanding teacher to join our primary team as a specialist SEND teacher within the Primary phase of this all-through academy. You’ll be joining a dynamic and supportive team who are individually and collectively passionate about the learning and progress of our students and who provide an excellent source of support and inspiration. This is a position which would suit a NQT, or a more experienced teacher seeking to further their career.
This vacancy is within our SEND provision, which is managed by our Assistant Head teacher for Inclusion. In addition to this provision, there is also a Resourced Provision for students with ASD. This key role involves tracking the progress of SEND students both high needs funded and in the main stream, running interventions and whole class teaching sessions.
Langdon became part of Brampton Manor Trust in 2014 and has made impressive progress in both primary and secondary phases since that time. As an all through school we have the opportunity to innovate to ensure maximum continuity and progression from primary to secondary, as well as having access to specialist support and facilities.
The successful candidate must:
- Be committed to inclusion;
- Be skilled in curriculum planning for students with complex needs;
- Be able to lead interventions for students with specific needs (e.g. dyslexia);
- Be an excellent communicator who can liaise effectively with parents and support agencies;
- Work well as part of a dedicated team;
- Be able to use the creative arts such as music to motivate and inspire complex learners.
We can offer:
- Friendly staff, supportive families and children who are keen to learn;
- Buildings which benefit from a £26 million BSF refurbishment;
- A unique opportunity to contribute to the development of a new primary provision in one of the country’s largest 3-16 schools.
We are keen to hear from any candidates who feel they have the knowledge, commitment and drive to be part of this expanding provision. Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact Jan Helm, PA to the Head of Primary on 0208 4712411 ext 1263 to arrange an appointment.
Please visit our websites at www.bramptonmanor.org or www.langdonacademy.org to apply and obtain further details about this role. All completed application forms must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Brampton Manor Trust is committed to the safeguarding of children. Enhanced DBS checks will always be carried out on new employees.