Due to continued expansion and growth Kings’ Education is seeking a Primary SENDCo to join our thriving schools. As a relatively young department, our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow within the existing department to help it to continue its role in supporting school life.
The department is well resourced, with the beginning of a multi-disciplinary team of specialists which includes a Head of Inclusion, dyslexia specialists, speech and language therapists, an autism team, and a team of specialist learning support teachers and assistants. As such this position represents a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to to join a successful, kind and supportive team. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality university degree
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Have knowledge of the implications of the UK Code of Practice for Special Educational Need
- Have knowledge and understanding of intervention strategies for a range of learning needs
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the development of literacy, numeracy, communication and language acquisition is desirable
- Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with parents, students and colleagues with cultural sensitivity
- Be a team player with sound emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills and sensitivity
- Have a commitment to the safeguarding, well being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Be able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Have the ability to adapt quickly to Kings’ fast-paced international, multicultural and demanding environment (experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
- Have either an understanding of the Dubai Inclusive Education Policy Framework (2017), or a willingness to learn it.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 20th May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years