Vision for Education are actively recruiting for a Full time Teaching Assistant that specialises in working with Learning Disabilities and Autism in Key Stages one and two. Previous experience of working within schools is desirable but not essential, however the ideal candidate will have had experience working with Autism before either in residential or supported living services, or somewhere of a similar nature, for a minimum of six months. This is a unique opportunity to work at a specialist SEND school that caters for pupils on the more severe end of the Autistic spectrum. If you feel that you have the following required attributes, then our Leeds and Bradford SEND Team are waiting to hear from you.
- Have a patient, supportive, empathetic and understanding nature.
- Preferable but not essential – Previous Experience working with students aged 3-11 with Autism or Learning Disabilities.
- Be vigilant and supportive when managing / de-escalating challenging behaviour.
- Comfortable with Personal Care if required.
- Have a real desire to work with SEN students on the Autistic Spectrum.
- Be confident working with both groups and 1:1.
- Be confident when liaising with parents and colleagues.
- Applicant must be available more than 3 days a week. (Monday to Friday)
- Applicant must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one through Vision for Education and have it registered on the Update Service.
- Must have experience working with Autism.
Our specialist SEND consultants have the knowledge and expertise to find the ideal placement for you, with our long-standing and trusting relationships with each of our clients we are guaranteed to place you in positions to enhance your career and experience.
We promise to provide you with an honest and efficient service where we deliver high levels of customer service and after care to every candidate and client.
Benefits of working with Vision for Education:
- Rewarding rates of pay – Vision for Education pay to National Living Wage, not national minimum wage. We pay this as an absolute minimum to all of our candidates.
- Professional 24/7 support.
- Free of charge CPD Training Opportunities including Team Teach training.
- Committed consultants.
- Continuous Support and feedback throughout.
- In house payroll department, so no need to sign up with a payroll provider.
We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now with your CV and if requirements are met our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.