The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following education roles within the Government school system for 2019/20 academic years commencing early-August 2019
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents. To assist with relocation, within the first week of arrival, the successful candidate will receive a settlement allowance equivalent to 1 month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
To provide an instructional base and professional expertise in improving the current PE and sports programme in Government primary schools. To provide a stimulating and active learning environment that promotes their physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, cultural, creative and moral development and maximizes the achievement of all students.
Qualifications and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject from a recognized institution
- Formal teacher training/qualification as specified in the Department of Education Services policy on Teacher Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’, post qualification teaching experience, as a trained Physical Education specialist teacher with experience in delivering age appropriate Physical Education skills to Primary aged children. Having a demonstrated track record of successful teaching and learning including:
- Teaching of Athletics and related field events.
- Competency in teaching swimming and water safety.
- Arrangement of special Physical Education events and associated planning.
- Prior experience of teaching in a child-centred learning environment with an emphasis on an activity-based approach with differentiation for individual abilities is essential
- Must be committed to active participation and involvement at a practical level with Physical Education delivery.
- Experience of IB would be an advantage as some units of inquiry can be interrelated to sports and PE.
- Ability to contribute to other sports programmes will be an asset.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: January 18th, 2019