Located 30 traffic-free minutes away from the centre of Newcastle, we are situated in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK. Amble is a quiet, traffic free 25 mile drive from North Tyneside, and is an upcoming coastal town with multiple building developments providing relatively affordable housing.
Staff commute from as far afield as Sunderland and Gateshead, with many living in Newcastle and North Tyneside – car sharing is common, so transport isn’t usually an issue.
James Calvert Spence College is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13. We require an outstanding primary teacher to join our school from September 2018 to teach in Year 5 or 6 on our lower school site.
The pupils and staff are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to work as part of a team to drive learning forward. We require someone who strives to ensure all our children can read and write and articulate themselves fluently and confidently.
Unlike many middle schools, our curriculum model in years 5 and 6 sees one primary teacher take ownership of their own class for the vast majority of subjects, allowing strong bonds to be created and a full understanding of each child’s strengths and areas for development to be nurtured.
Unlike many primary schools, we have fully equipped and dedicated science laboratories, a Design Technology workshop, Food kitchen, Art studio, ICT suite and enviable PE facilities that our students take advantage of to enhance their learning.
This is an exciting time to join JCSC as we continue our journey towards excellence. Staff and governors are fully committed to promoting equal opportunity and academic excellence for all students.
• Understand methods of raising standards in reading, writing and maths
• Be able to accelerate progress and meet national standards as a minimum
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum
• Be a positive role model
• Have high expectations of yourself and others
• Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students
We can offer you:
• Excellent opportunities for professional development
• A well-resourced curriculum
• Hardworking and well behaved pupils who are willing to learn
• Dedicated PPA time
• A friendly and supportive working environment amongst a dedicated staff team
We would welcome applications from NQT’s, for whom we have a comprehensive induction and bespoke CPD programme
Should you wish to informally discuss this position further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, email@example.com) to arrange.