Popular local school, exciting role, excellent CPD, central London location
Who is this for?
An experienced teacher looking for a middle leadership opportunity to lead Literacy in our vibrant school.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate and inspirational teacher with a desire to continue to develop and implement our vision to improve standards of literacy across our primary school. You will bring expert co-ordination and training to ensure the progress of literacy proficiency of all our children and will have input across all aspects of the curriculum. You will be joining a successful and enthusiastic group of teachers and are warmly welcomed to visit our school to meet other members of the team and to see for yourself what a great place St. John’s is to work.
Please read the full job description and person specification which you can download at the bottom of this listing.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a dynamic and forward thinking teacher of English
- has enthusiasm and a passion for learning and for literacy
- has the skills and energy to inspire, lead and motivate others
- loves reading and takes delight in sharing a good book
- is able to communicate effectively through the spoken word and in writing
- has the ability to create and deliver excellent learning experiences
- is a team player - able to work with and alongside others
- has a genuine love of learning and will be committed to fostering this is our children
- will contribute positively to our school community
- will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school.
In return we can offer:
- children who are hardworking and proud to be part of our school community
- a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring staff team committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
- the opportunity to work with colleague across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education
- access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme
This role provides a middle leadership opportunity, ideal for someone looking to take on their first management role, or an experienced Literacy Lead who is looking for a new challenge.
The successful applicant will need to be an outstanding practitioner full of passion for literacy, confident in your abilities to inspire children and peers, whilst leading literacy across the whole school.
We are focused on creating a vibrant community where every person makes their contribution to creating a better society. Our vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and wellbeing.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack call us on 020 7735 4898 or email email@example.com.
Application documents are also available to download via the school website www.stjohn.lambeth.sch.uk.
Closing date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 3rd May 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Tuesday 7th May 2019
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
Warham Street, London SE5 0SX
Further information about the school can be found on our website www.stjohn.lambeth.sch.uk
and on our Twitter and Facebook pages @SJTDPrimary.