Primary Teacher Required
Heathfield International School Bangkok seeks an experienced and inspirational Primary teacher. We are looking for applicants who are energetic, highly inspirational and motivated, who are passionate about education and are committed to achieving high standards and creating a stimulating, positive and child-centred learning environment.
Heathfield International School Bangkok is a well established British international school located in Bangkok in the Saphan Sung area. In recent years student numbers have flourished and the school has moved towards two form entry in the primary section.
August 2020 start.
- B.Ed (Hons) with QTS or equivalent (e.g. PGCE, PGDE).
Main Job and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that planning and assessments are completed to a high standard, reviewed, and appropriately communicated to line managers and parents
- To provide a stimulating and inspiring classroom with appropriate resources which can be accessed appropriately by all children
- To liaise with other key stage teachers to plan and design the curriculum, prepare resources and ensure teaching is consistent
- To work in partnership with others to maximise effectiveness, raise standards and plan appropriate interventions to meet the needs of learners, and improve pupil outcomes
- To work with management to ensure continuous professional development and critical analysis of performance; to attend INSET days and contribute to staff development
- To act as a positive role model showing enthusiasm for development and learning
- Experience in teaching Primary following the NC.
- Have knowledge and an interest in how children learn and how this can be applied to a learning environment
- Use teaching methods which capture pupils’ interest and maintain their engagement and encourage them to develop a lifelong love of learning
- Ability to organise and manage a class to promote an effective learning environment through excellent classroom management and behaviour management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience or knowledge of planning lessons and activities for EAL learners
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to work in an established department with a commitment to introducing new concepts and ideas to benefit the school
- A commitment to upholding high standards of child safety and safeguarding, and acting responsibly at all times
- Up to date DBS or police check equivalent to work with children
- Experience of working with EAL learners is an advantage
- 2-year contract (renewable)
- Competitive salary (paid in Thai Baht)
- Accommodation allowance
- For overseas hires flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- Thai teaching license and visa provided
- Health insurance
Heathfield International School, Bangkok, is located in the northeast of Bangkok, close to Suvarnabhumi airport. It is a well established British International School, which has rapidly grown in recent years.
The school is two-form entry in primary and caters for all ages from Nursery to Year 13 (KS5 was newly opened two years ago). HIS has a wonderful, active, community of parents, teachers and students.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Headmaster, Mr. Aitchison, via the form below, with their CV, a letter of application, and contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be their current Principal or Head of School).
Please note that Heathfield International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered a two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement.
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if a suitable candidate is identified. Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype. Previous applicants need not reapply.