Required in September 2018/ January 2019: to join this expanding, well-funded, dynamic Independent Preparatory School set up in 2012 to bring to Beijing the best of English educational values and skills.
Prestige Education Centre (PEC) uses a curriculum based on the Independent English Schools system. Located at the heart of Beijing’s villa community, at the weekends PEC offers small, full-day classes to children aged 4-12 and, during the week, private classes for different age groups. Children learn about the world around them in personal classes. A well-rounded education is provided, which includes Maths, English, Geography, Science, History, Social Studies, Music, Art, Drama and Design, as well as specific topic-based activities for younger learners. The Advisory Headmaster and the majority of teachers are from the UK, with the remainder hailing from the US, Ireland and Australia. The school has a mix of students from local and international schools to ensure a culturally-rich community that comes together in a fully English environment. PEC caters for students who plan to study abroad in the future, enter an international school, or generally enrich their learning experiences. During the weekdays after-school and subject-specific classes (such as I/GCSEor SAT classes) are available for students of any age. All teaching staff work on Saturdays and Sundays. In lieu of this commitment, all teaching staff have two weekdays off each week.
Attractive and highly competitive salary package ; free furnished accommodation; free Mandarin tuition; health insurance; substantial financial assistance with flights ; guidance regarding visa applications.
The successful candidate will
- be a well qualified, ambitious and inspirational teacher looking to hone his or her skills and develop his or her career.
- be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to respond positively and proactively to the challenges of a rapidly developing school.
- have an excellent understanding of how young children and adults learn
- have a love of learning both indoors and outdoors
- have a commitment to school improvement and continuous professional development
- be highly committed team players with energy, passion and a good sense of humour
- be a fluent speaker in English
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating on a regular basis with parents.
The final job description will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Experience in teaching Science and Maths will be an advantage.
Prestige Educational Centre offers
- a rich, vibrant and exciting learning environment which effectively adapts the English curriculum
- due to our steady growth, tremendous career progression opportunities are available
- an ethos where each individual child is valued as an individual.
- a high level of support and commitment from our friendly, hard working staff
- at least 10% PPA release time
- a commitment to professional development
- 2 full days off per week; 8 weeks holiday per year
- the opportunity to live and work in Beijing, one of the world’s most exciting and vibrant cities
For more information please e-mail email@example.com or visit our website at www.pedcentre.com
Candidates for these posts should e-mail a letter of application, full CV and names and contact details of two referees.
UK applicants will be interviewed face-to-face at Shoreham-by-Sea or London; overseas applicants will be interviewed by SKYPE.
Closing date: June 22nd 2018.