Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Primary Teacher to join our Caledonia Campus at our Ochil Centre in Scotland. You will support our students at KS2 providing day-to-day classroom leadership, inspiration and excellent teaching practice.
We are a collaborative and supportive team at the Caledonian Campuses, and would like to hear from conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
- Deliver primary teaching to pupils in across KS2, ensuring an excellent standard of student achievement is maintained
- Contribute to target setting, and to the recording and tracking of student performance data, in accordance with school practices and as directed by the Head Teacher
- Ensure classroom teaching is well planned, appropriately pitched and differentiated to meet the needs of all learners incorporating principles of Self-Directed Learning
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils which is safe and conducive to learning
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning
- Prepare reports and communicate with parents regularly in relation to the development, progress and attainment of pupils, in line with current school policy
- Lead, organise and direct Support Staff within the classroom
- Set homework and mark work in line with the current school policies
- Consistently demonstrate a high standard of organisational skills in all areas of responsibility
- Preferably have experience as a KS2 Teacher
- Be able to support students in reaching their full potential, including employing a range of intervention strategies
- Set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
- Be an excellent team player, as team work is a key driver for staff at Northampton Campus
- Respect the school’s ethos, aims and values
- Enjoy being part of a supportive and progressive team
- A competitive salary
- Average class size of 11 in the core curriculum
- An excellent working environment with a strong provision of learning and teaching resources
- Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Active and committed parents and carers along with a supportive and involved community
- The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
- Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
Please visit our website: http://caledonia.focus-school.com/ for further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about Focus Schools please visit: www.focus-school.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
We encourage visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit, please telephone 01259 303 030 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 16th November 2018
Interviews will be held: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Focus School Caledonia Campuses are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment