Hillcrest New Barn is an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated School. It offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 – 16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding. The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Qualified Primary Teacher for New Barn School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of setbacks in and outside of education. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. You will be expected to lead the teaching of and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for individuals and groups of children over KS1 and KS2. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach to teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond for the young people we support.
The role of Primary Teacher is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 40 hours per week plus after school meetings (during term time only, including 5 non-pupil days). We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with SEMH and Behavioural difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Teaching a varied range of subjects across KS1 & KS2
- Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
- Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
- Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
- Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Have a background of teaching a range of subjects at Primary Level, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
- Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practice, process and curriculum
- Be experienced in or have an interest working within an SEN setting, supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers PayScale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.