Hathershaw is a successful and thriving 11 to 16 College serving a multi-cultural intake. We achieved record breaking GCSE results in 2016 with our Progress 8 score of +0.27 placing us in the top 20% of schools nationally.
The College is in the process of establishing a Multi-Academy Trust in full partnership with Oldham Sixth Form College from September 2017.
Excellent transport links ensure that we are ideally located for both city centre Manchester and beyond.
‘The school is a very harmonious community and leaders take great care to promote equalities. Pupils feel valued and celebrate diversity. Leaders and teachers take effective steps to remove any barriers to learning’. (Ofsted Good rating April 2016)
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, well-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious primary teacher to work in our Secondary College. This is a unique role, specifically supporting vulnerable pupils to develop their literacy and numeracy skills to help close the achievement gap. We are seeking someone with a strong interest in working with pupils who have specific literacy and numeracy needs, who is committed to inclusive practices and has a genuine passion for teaching. The role will involve leading and teaching a primary English and Maths curriculum to an identified nurture group in Years 7 and 8 and organizing/delivering literacy and numeracy interventions to help close the achievement gap for targeted pupils. We are specifically looking for someone who:
• has experience and knowledge of teaching a literacy and numeracy catch-up curriculum to targeted pupils.
• has experience of teaching phonics and reading.
• has the potential to become, or are already, an outstanding classroom practitioner with a real commitment to young people.
• has the ability to devise, plan and deliver highly-differentiated, interactive and stimulating lessons.
• can utilise assessment data effectively to plan lessons and target intervention. • has high expectations of pupils and the belief that all pupils, whatever their background, can achieve their full potential.
• has the passion and desire for their subject to inspire and enthuse pupils of all abilities.
• is an excellent team player who is creative and innovative in their approach to teaching.
If you want to be part of an establishment that highly values its staff and provides opportunities for further development, we’d love to hear from you. Applications are welcome from experienced teachers or those new to the profession.
For an application pack and further details please contact Danielle Hunt, PA to the Principal, at the school.
The Hathershaw College is responsible for safe recruitment and promotes the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 26th June
Interviews: Thursday 29th June
Tel: 0161 770 8555 Fax: 0161 770 8556 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Principal: Mr. Dave McEntee The Hathershaw College, Bellfield Avenue, Oldham, OL8 3EP
WE TAKE SAFEGUARDING SERIOUSLY