Primary Teacher to work with KS3 students (Y7 only) Opening Minds
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
For a September 2019 start, we are seeking an inspirational and highly motivated teacher to join our successful and pioneering KS3 Opening Minds team. You will be joining a very well-resourced department with an outstanding local and National reputation. This would be a really exciting opportunity for an NQT or an early career-stage teacher from a KS2 or a middle/secondary school setting. You will be an effective team member whose input will contribute positively to our recognised, innovative curriculum practice with students in Y7.
The successful candidate must be:
- Keen to teach KS3 core and humanities subjects in a model similar to the primary model,
- Excited about teaching and learning,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
This post would be suitable for an early career stage teacher interested in developing their T&L expertise in an exciting, outward-looking school or for a more experienced practitioner with an interest in developing their wider subject knowledge. Applications from primary or secondary phase practitioners are welcomed.
Applications from NQTs are also particularly welcomed as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme.
A leadership allowance may also be available for an exceptional candidate able to take on an additional curriculum or pastoral responsibility.
Informal visits are welcomed. To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com .
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 24th June 2019 9:00am. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.