Main purpose of the post:
We are seeking to appoint a great teacher who believes all children can achieve. You'll be passionate about removing barriers to learning, and be keen to develop your career in a dynamic, exciting and supportive environment.
All candidates will have a commitment to upholding the One Degree Academy’s STRIVE values:
Scholarship: We focus relentlessly on academic achievement, great learning and continuous improvement to get results. We show a zest for new learning.
Team work: We work together to overcome difficulties. When one of us succeeds, we all do. We are kind and supportive to all our teammates
Responsibility: We take ownership of our actions, caring for each other and for our environment. We look to ourselves to do what’s right or to find solutions. We do what needs to be done.
Integrity: We tell the truth even when it’s hard; we do the right thing; we make good choices; own mistakes; are honest and trustworthy
Value: We are useful and kind. We embrace new opportunities to develop wisdom. We add value to our local communities.
Effort: We never give up on trying to improve - even when it’s hard. We know there are no shortcuts: achievement comes step-by-step
Strategic direction and development of the school
• To keep up to date with current pedagogy in teaching and learning and in school improvement, and to cascade this to staff.
• To contribute to the setting of highly ambitious targets for pupils and staff, and to be accountable in their delivery.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and transform pupil attainment.
• With direction from curriculum leaders in the school, assist in the creation and development of challenging and innovative schemes of work which are inspiring for learners and teachers alike.
• Use regular, measurable and significant assessments to monitor progress and set targets.
• Respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring.
• Ensure that all students achieve at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at level.
• Maintain regular and productive communication with parents, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications.
• To develop an exciting and motivating extra-curricular and enrichment offer including university links and trips.
• To help promote and safeguard the welfare of all students.
• To promote self-discipline, high standards of behaviour and positive attitudes on the part of all students and to implement policies and procedures to foster them.
• To ensure that a high standard of care and good order for all students is maintained through the development and implementation of behaviour systems.
Communication and Community Links
• To fully support the life and work of the school.
• To develop and maintain positive and effective professional relationships with colleagues, parents, the local community and Governors.
• To ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and are able to understand and contribute to targets for improvement.
• Undertake and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development.
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
• Plan and lead after school clubs on a regular basis.
• Support the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures.
• Help to create a strong school community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships.
• Help to develop a school culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement.
• To be active in issues of student welfare and support.
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professionals in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support, as required.
This document provides an outline of the responsibilities that this role involves. However, the post-holder must be available to perform such duties at such times and such places as may be specified by the Principal and which may be reasonably requested as being commensurate with the role and duties undertaken.
If you would like to apply for the post then an application pack can be downloaded directly from our website.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Monday 24th May 2021 @ 5pm
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
We love welcoming visitors to One Degree Academy. If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy or should you wish to obtain further information regarding the Academy or the advertised post, please e-mail the Principal, Aidan Sadgrove at email@example.com
One Degree Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years