We are looking for two flexible, creative and enthusiastic teachers for the bright and enquiring young minds of our bilingual primary school. We have two open positions: class teacher in Year 2 and class teacher in Year 3. Please specify in your application which position you would prefer. We need a highly qualified English speaking teacher with a teaching degree / teaching certificate (QTS) in Primary Education. Our class teachers are responsible for teaching all primary subjects apart from Art, Music, German and Physical Education, for which we have specialist teachers. Our primary school starts with Year 1 and goes up to Year 4, as secondary school in Germany starts with year 5. Schemes of work are based on the objectives of the German county curriculum for Lower Saxony, lessons will be taught in English using English speaking materials only, adapted from UK, US and/or similar English Speaking countries’ curricula. Experience of having taught KS1/2 for at least a few years will be an advantage. Knowledge of German is not a necessary requirement, but a willingness to learn the basics while living here will be essential. The contract is on a fixed term basis for the first two years; afterwards it can be extended to a permanent contract upon mutual decision.
We are looking for the following essential and/or desirable qualities.
A successful candidate:
· can stimulate our motivated children to achieve high levels of progress to meet the demands of our academically inspired curriculum;
· has outstanding classroom practices with regards to the planning and teaching of lessons (including differentiation);
· is committed to contribute to the curriculum planning and curriculum innovation of our expanding school;
· can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils' progress;
· works well independently as well as in teaching teams;
· has secure IT skills including knowledge of white board and iPad technology;
· is dedicated to contribute to any extra curricula activities;
· has good interpersonal skills and a sense of humour;
· is committed and hard-working.