WINGS EDUCATION LIMITED
Kirklington, Near Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 8NB
Tel: 01636 817430 / Fax: 01636 817435
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org / Website: www.wingsschool.co.uk
Primary Class Teacher
WINGS SCHOOL is an independent SEMH Residential & Day School and Children’s Home currently registered and approved with the DfE and Ofsted for 60 girls and boys between 9-17 years of age. Ofsted have rated our care provision as outstanding for the last two inspections; whilst our school was graded as good in all areas in 2016. Our children work at expected National Curriculum levels and study a range of qualifications including: AIM Awards; Functional Skills; BTEC and GCSEs. Class sizes are deliberately small with children having access to additional learning support. Our approach is to use an integrated therapeutic approach to develop strong attachment to enable the children to regulate their behaviours and develop competencies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient and highly committed KS2 Teacher to support learning within a strong and dedicated team. Applications are invited from teachers with knowledge and skills of KS2/KS3 with proven skills across all areas of the curriculum. This is an ideal opportunity for a teacher with outstanding KS2 experience to make a significant impact on the social, emotional and academic progress of our children.
The successful applicant will:
· Use nurture as an effective tool to motivate and inspire disengaged learners;
· Be dynamic, highly motivated and innovative in the classroom;
· Be passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential;
· Be dynamic with the ability to make learning stimulating, exciting and fun;
· Be a positive and supportive mentor to students;
· Be willing to develop their knowledge of SEMH and trauma based attachment;
· Be able to contribute to, and work well, as part of a team;
· Be flexible to support other aspects of the curriculum when required
For the above position a competitive salary including SEN1 is provided which will be in line with qualifications and experience. This post has a company pension.
Wings School Notts is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service. Further information is available at www.disclosure.gov.uk
If you would like to apply for this position please contact Dianne Tomlinson on 01636 817430 or email her at email@example.com for an application form
Closing date: Thursday 24 May 2018 with interviews week commencing Monday 4 June 2018