King's College Latvia is an International School situated on the outskirts of the culturally vibrant capital city of Riga. Riga is a wonderful place to live for many reasons.
1. It is close to the beach resort of Jurmala, boasting 26KM of coastline with golden sands similar to that found in the Caribbean
2. It is a capital city, but small enough to move around on foot and bicycle, with a population of only 650,000
3. English is widely spoken
4. Latvians are very creative people with music, dance, art, theatre and literature well represented in the city
5. While living in Latvia, you will get to experience all four seasons!
The Latvia tourist board calls it 'Magnetic Latvia', as the country pulls you in, and many of our team have been with us since we opened the school. Consequently, the school has a very low annual staff turnover.
Established four years ago, King's College Latvia has seen rapid growth in student numbers. This year, we completed an ambitious second stage building project which includes a secondary school wing and sporting facilities. We now have additional outside sports areas, a swimming pool and a large multi-purpose indoor gymnasium.
King's College is suitably situated to facilitate excellent off-site learning experiences, with many accessible places of interest and museums within close proximity. We actively encourage experiential learning outside the classroom and frequently use a private forest situated near the school grounds to support curricular learning.
As one of the leading international schools within the Baltics, we are committed to high academic achievement, alongside exceptional pastoral care. Our team share these core values and are committed to implementing our vision of excellence across the school.
Due to our expansion, we are seeking a KS1/KS2 Primary teacher to expand our Primary department to two form entry in each year group. The school follows the English National Curriculum through our Primary phase; working up towards IGCSEs in KS3 and KS4, followed by the IBDP in Years 12 and 13. As such, our requirements for the position are as follows:
● Fluent English speaker
● Qualified teacher with at least two year's experience
● Experience of teaching in a UK school
● Experience of teaching with the Primary phase
● Pedagogies that encompass the ideas of 'visible learning' and awareness of 'knowing thy impact'.
● Delivering lessons which facilitate critical thinking, explorative learning and project-based working.
● A whole-school mindset, who's concerns stretch beyond their own their own year group
● A dedicated team player
● A willingness to lead an aspect of Primary development
● A proven track record of excellent pastoral care.
● Strategies that embed and support second (multi) language acquisition
● A willingness to contribute to the whole school by organising an extracurricular club each week
● Experience working Internationally
● Experience of delivering the Primary curriculum online
● Experience in a leadership role within a Primary school, for example, Phase Coordinator
We can offer
● Excellent remuneration
● An opportunity to contribute to the development of a Primary Department within a growing school
● Motivated and well-behaved students
● To be part of the Inspired group of schools, including a network of support from 65 schools around the world
● Inspired internal professional development networks
● Private health insurance
● Relocation Allowance
● Relocation support including finding accommodation, immigration and settling in Latvia
● Free meals during the school day
● Heavily discounted tuition for dependants
How to apply
All interviews will take place via Zoom. We envisage two rounds to the interview process.
The school reserves the right to contact applicants and appoint before the closing date of the advertisement
Interested candidates who would like an informal conversation prior to applying for the position can call 00371 25759043 and ask to speak with Adele Stanford (Head of School) or Gayle Hume. (Head of Primary)
Please complete the TES application form to apply.
King's College Latvia is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment.
King's Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and necessary police checks. Identity, right to work in the EU and qualifications will be requested in the interview.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications, birth certificate, passport and two other identification documents; obtaining two satisfactory references (including current / most recent employer and a previous employers); providing a Police Certificate(s) for the last ten years from all countries that the applicant has resided in. A DBS and ICPC is also required. Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during the interview and maybe explored further.
King's College Latvia, is responsible for processing the personal data provided by you and informs you that this data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 27th of April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
The purpose of the processing of the data provided by you (CV, cover letter, etc.) is to participate in recruitment processes that we carry out at King's College Latvia.
Once the process is finished, and in case you are not appointed, we will keep your details for future recruitment processes.
You have the right to access, rectify and delete the data, as well as other rights over your data, by writing to email@example.com
King’s College, The British School of Latvia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years