Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years.
Our Primary School offers a high-quality education programme for over 260 children aged 6 to 11. It supports each student’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an internationally oriented context. In the Primary School the International Primary Curriculum is used as a tool to support and develop learning using a theme based approach. The Cambridge English and Maths Programmes are also used to ensure that we provide a clear and consistent curriculum that appropriately challenges the students.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Primary School Specialist Teacher starting 01 August 2018 who will join the Primary School English as an Additional Language (EAL) department to teach and to deliver EAL support to specific grades across the Primary School.
Your qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field of EAL/TESOL teaching
- Primary teaching qualification and experience preferred
- High competency in written and spoken English
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as the use of IT and new technologies
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Proven ability as an excellent EAL teacher
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community is preferred
- Experience of using the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) is preferred
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Collaboratively plan, adapt, deliver and assess work for your EAL students in parallel with your colleagues
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to make outstanding progress and grow in confidence
- Provide push-in, pull-out and co-teaching EAL support as required
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their literacy skills, understanding of language and develop their higher order thinking
- Administer initial EAL assessment for new students and provide information related to the admissions process
- Share expertise, experience and resources amongst Primary staff so that, as a school, we are collectively addressing EAL needs
- Work as a contributing member of the EAL team and the Primary School as a whole to ensure all necessary systems and procedures are in place and delivered uniformly
- Work as a contributing member of Leipzig International School to ensure a cohesive approach to learning
You must be:
- Committed to our students and their learning, well-being and safety
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging holistic educational programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Able to differentiate and deliver a quality learning experience to students with a range of abilities
- Able to create and maintain a climate that promotes high standards of achievement
- Focused on student learning, progression and development
- A team player who is flexible, open to change, solution-oriented, all with a good sense of humour
- Organised, ethical and empathetic
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A team who are student and learner centred
- Ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace that continues to develop best teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig; a historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe
Please apply via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents is available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.