Mallorca International School is a young and vibrant school catering for the ex-pat and local Mallorquin community close to Pollença in the north east of the island. Founded only three years ago, the school prides itself as being a ‘values-based’ school with a strong community spirit, as well as fulfilling its mission to provide a creative, forward-thinking and innovative educational experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two well-qualified Primary teachers to join the team from January 2020. One opening exists in KS1, the other in KS2. The school will consider permanent or short-term appointments through to the end of the school year as appropriate to the circumstances of the preferred candidates (preference should be indicated in the application letter).
The school is delighted to accept applications from fully qualified teachers with QTS. Applicants should have at least 3 years of teaching experience and be native English speakers. Candidates with British National Curriculum experience are preferred though candidates with experience of comparable systems will be considered.
• Be an accomplished classroom practitioner with ability to inspire students towards a love for learning through stimulating activities
• Be a forward-thinking professional with ‘creative’ capabilities; able to think laterally and present material in exciting ways
• Possess a track record of providing ‘value added’; consistently facilitating the best possible academic standards that individual students are capable of
• Have ability to cater for the individual needs of students in a whole class setting
• Possess the capabilities and the desire to be an integral ‘team player’ working towards common goals and enjoying successes together
• Have disposition to work in a multinational environment based on mutual care and respect
• Have passion, determination and desire to succeed
IMPORTANT - In order to make an application the following steps must be followed:
• Download and read the school mission statement attached to this application; be familiar and comfortable with the philosophy of the school you are applying to join
• Submit your curriculum vitae, which should include 2 professional referees; one of which should be your current/most recent employer
• Submit a letter of application, of no more than 600 words, outlining teaching philosophy, responding to the ‘person specification’ in this advert, and your reason(s) for applying to Mallorca International School specifically
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 6th December, however, owing to the timing of this advertisement early applications are welcomed and the interview process will commence ahead of the date for submitting applications. We expect to confirm the appointments by Friday 13th December.
Please note that all appointments are strictly subject to our ‘Safe Recruitment’ policy. No appointment is confirmed until satisfactory references as well as recent (and) home country police checks have been received.
For information about our school, please visit www.mallorcainternationalschool.com