The British School Manila has a requirement for a prospective member of the teaching staff who will take the position in August 2019.
We are seeking a reflective primary practitioner who is innovative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning-focused. We follow the National Curriculum of England for English and Maths. Alongside this, we have specialist taught subjects and Project-based Learning Units that drive our vision and mission aspiration of developing students as global citizens. These units are authentic and challenging; and they develop the learning skills, understandings and values that we hope will enable students to be able and willing to contribute positively to their world, making it more sustainable, peaceful and fair.
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Fixed-term
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- Have high expectations for student’s learning and development, and challenge them to realise their potential through application and effort as lifelong learners.
- Are passionate about learning and can inspire pupils, whilst demonstrating a clear understanding of how learning is developed.
- Are collaborative and reflective in designing a curriculum that is aimed at developing learning skills and global citizenship concepts using best Project Based Learning practice.
- Build positive relationships with the students in your care by fostering a learning environment where students feel comfortable taking risks and are empowered to drive their own learning.
- Use Afl practice to provide rich feedback that promotes learning.
- Will contribute to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme.
We can offer:
Please take note that we are looking for candidates who have at least two (2) years of experience teaching the UK National Curriculum or similar.
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards. All successful candidates will be required to submit the UK Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) certificate, or applicable criminal background certificate if working in another country, upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date: 4th May 2018. Interviews will be held during May 2018.