King's College, The British School of Alicante, one of the most sought after British Schools in Spain, is looking to appoint a full-time Primary Class Teacher for a fixed-term to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate should be an excellent and experienced class teacher with substantial experience in EYFS, KS1 or KS2.
The School in Brief
· 1086 pupils aged from 3-18
· Three form entry throughout the Primary School
· Modern, purpose-built premises just minutes by car from the centre of Alicante and only 10 minutes from the airport
· Excellent (I)GCSE and A Level results, well above UK national averages and in the top 200 UK schools
· Member of COBIS , ISC and NABSS
· Achieved ´Excellent in Every Category´ rating from ISI (2015)
· Excellent CPD provision and potential for career development and advancement.
· Part of the King's Group of Schools (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Elche, Franckfurt, Latvia, Panama and the UK)
· Native English speaker and UK-trained teacher Native English speaker and UK-trained teacher
· Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
· An inspiring and dedicated teacher who believes in inclusive Quality First Teaching and the importance of supporting and developing the whole child
· An experienced teacher who can deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons
· A teacher who is knowledgeable, organised - a good communicator with the ability to take over a class part way through the year, continue and propel their learning momentum
· A strong team player, willing to work collegiately for the best possible pupil outcomes
· A reflective practitioner with a keen interest in personal and professional development along with an interest in participating in CPD and peer learning programmes
· Proficient user of IT for teaching, learning and organisation.
· A strong understanding and commitment to pastoral care and the crucial role it plays in every child's development
· Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
· Candidates with only TEFL qualifications will not fit our qualification criteria
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join the Academic Teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain, please complete and send the application pack, available at http://www.kingscollegeschools.org/vacancies/alicante
The closing date for applications is Monday 22nd October 2018.
The start date is to be finalised and will be by mutual agreement.
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.