Milton Keynes Primary Pupil Referral Unit (MK PPRU) is on an exciting journey and we have a rare vacancy for a creative, dynamic, innovative, inspiring and experienced outstanding teacher to join our team in supporting children from across Milton Keynes with Alternative Education.
We wish to appoint an experienced primary teacher, with an outstanding record of managing children with challenging behaviour and ensuring good progress. You will be expected to plan and deliver the National Curriculum: primary curriculum, through our creative curriculum, as well as delivering specific interventions aimed at developing the social and emotional skills of the pupils within our school. We would also like you to have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the importance of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how that supports children’s foundational development.
This is a particularly challenging, and rewarding role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience, tenacity, positivity and a commitment to working as part of an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
The ideal candidate MUST;
- Have Qualified Teacher Status
- Have experience and passion for working with vulnerable children
- Be consistent, calm and a reflective practitioner with a growth mind-set
- Be creative, dynamic and have lots of positive energy
We are a small short-stay strengths based school that provides for up to 25 pupils who have either been, or are, at risk of being, excluded from mainstream primary schools. All the pupils have behavioural, social and emotional challenges and some have additional learning needs, at times with an Educational Health Care Plan. We have high ambitions for the children who attend here.
If you are an exceptional and experienced practitioner, creative and strength based in your approach, and believe you have the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to make a difference in the lives of some of our most vulnerable children then we would love to hear from you.
Within a caring and therapeutic environment, our skilled team works closely with schools and other agencies to:
- Support and sustain pupils within mainstream provision
- Provide opportunities, within an appropriate environment, that allow pupils to make the social, emotional and academic progress needed for returning to mainstream school
- Support schools to manage the needs of their pupils as a dual placement with the PRU, so that pupils are able to transition back full-time into their own school
- Reduce the number of permanently excluded children of primary school age.
- Educate permanently excluded primary pupils, enabling them to return into a new mainstream school.
We have the following post available and look forward to appointing an exceptional candidate so we can further strengthen our team.
All members of our team need to be an empathetic communicator, who builds positive relationships with children, parents / carers, staff and all stakeholders.
Milton Keynes Primary PRU is committed to safeguarding children. The position will be offered subject to a full enhanced DBS Check, satisfactory references and a Pre-employment health check. References will be taken up prior to interview.
Purpose of job
Under the direction of the Headteacher to work as a member of the teaching staff across Milton Keynes Primary PRU to achieve the highest possible standards and outcomes for the pupils in the PRU. The post holder will ensure a cohesive and personalised programme of learning activities for Milton Keynes Primary PRU pupils to encourage them to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare and to support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of PRU life.
The postholder is required to carry out the duties of a teacher as set out in the School teachers’ pay and conditions and such specific duties that form part of this job description.
If you feel you are the right person for this post, then we can offer you:
- A happy school environment that OFSTED described as “Good with outstanding in behaviour” (January 2013)
- A supportive Headteacher, Staff and Management Committee
- Outstanding professional support and opportunities for professional development (including whole school workforce development).
- An opportunity to be part of our very exciting journey where we aim to nurture each individual so they grow, flourish and reach their full potential
We would welcome a visit to the PRU prior to you deciding if you wish to apply for this post.
Alternatively, if you would like an informal chat about anything related to this post please contact Headteacher Vivienne Mills on 01908 646147.
Application Forms are available from Milton Keynes Primary PRU by contacting the following;
Jo McAuliffe, School Business Manager 01908 646147
Closing Date for applications is 12 Noon on Friday 23rd June 2017.
Interview for this post will take place on Wednesday 5th July 2017.
MILTON KEYNES PRIMARY PRU
Shenley Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK3 7AW
Tel: 01908 646147
Headteacher: Ms Vivienne Mills
Age range: 4-11 Ofsted: Good