Primary Teachers in North Carolina
Dates: Apply as soon as possible
Contract term: Contract renewed annually, two-year minimum expected, five-year maximum
VIF International Education seeks experienced educators (minimum of two years experience) with a passion for primary education and to be a cultural adventurer teaching in the United States. Our programs are currently offered in an increasing number of elementary (primary) schools in North Carolina. Successful candidates will have experience as educators in primary school, will be flexible and able to adapt lessons to specific standards and themes, and will promote learning through creative instruction that integrates culture into their teaching delivery.
Desired skills and experience
We seek teachers who can engage and excite students about learning and culture.
Qualities of successful candidates include:
- Enthusiastic, high-energy facilitators.
- Outstanding classroom practitioners who incorporate student-centered approaches to learning.
- Full understanding of assessment procedures to increase student learning and progress.
- Well organized and able to work collaboratively with other teachers and colleagues.
- Maintain high expectations of all students, ensuring academic and social goals are fully achieved.
- Ability to successfully evaluate students, prepare progress reports, administer assessments and create portfolios.
- Engage parents/guardians in regular progress communication and parent/teacher conferences.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Desire to work in a collegial, team environment.
About this company
VIF International Education builds global education programs that prepare students for success in an interconnected world. For more than 25 years, educators have leveraged VIF's professional development and curriculum, language acquisition and teacher exchange programs to generate engaging learning environments where students can excel in core curriculum as well as develop valuable critical and creative thinking skills. A certified B Corp and 'Best for the World' honoree headquartered in Chapel Hill, N.C., VIF provides a pathway for teachers, schools and districts to become globally designated.
How to Apply
Teachers should go to the website to register and fill out an online application form as soon as possible: www.vifprogram.com/uk.
Get some insights from a primary teacher in the US: https://youtu.be/syrbnwZ-DGI.
Learn more about teaching primary in the US: https://youtu.be/CKk4PqSslH4.
See pictures and posts from real teachers in our program telling their VIF stories using #myvifstory on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
For further information on VIF participation requirements, please visit: www.vifprogram.com/uk
Phone interviews are taking place now. In-person interviews will take place in London in January 2017.